On Second thought, training might have to be postponed--again! If any of you see a girl walking like she's 99-years-old it might be me. I went running this morning and after the second mile my right knee gave out completely. I can hardly walk on it now. This continual injury, along with my hip, is quite the disappointment. I just want to get better! But I gotta have a little faith that my body can do it.

In the mean time, I'll attempt to enjoy plan B: the stationary bike-- oh how I loathe the stationary bike, with its low riding seat, flip-floppy pedals and greasy screen. Nothing could be more boring than sitting on a bike that doesn't move. Just look at this lady. Not so tempting, is it? You would think I'd have the same contempt for the treadmill, but I don't. At least on the treadmill I can burn more calories in less time. On the bike, one has to sit for at least 45 minutes before the workout even begins to kick the metabolism into full force. I suppose I could increase the resistance levels, but overall the stationary bike exercises simply lack the same adrenaline rush he/she gets from running several miles. Alas, if I ever want to fully recover, I had better take a break from the weight bearing exercises, step outside of my comfort zone and learn to love the bike--the dismal piece of equipment that sits in the corner of the gym, chuckling at me as I limp my way to its seat.

Keep in mind, I'm not an anti-cyclist. I agree the same stimulus produced through running can be replicated with any good workout. Especially biking. Look at Lance Armstrong for example. Biking throughout the entire country of France requires not only mental stability, but also the physical strength and endurance of a Greek God. My bitterness lies distinctively within the realms of the stationary bike. I suppose I've just gotten comfortable with my routine: get up, go to the gym, show the attendant my wristband,and walk straight to the third treadmill, the one with the cup holders. From there, proceed to run the first mile at 5.6 with Beyonce in the background. By the third mile, increase speed to 6.0 and change iPod to Katie Perry and Hoobastank. And the steps go on. Now I will have to establish a new routine.

Maybe someday the stationary bike and I will become close friends just as I was with the treadmill. I'm willing to be optimistic. Like mother always says, we all have to step out of our comfort zones at some point. In the mean time, let us pray me knee and hip heal successfully--and quickly!
Katie Katie Katie...GET HEALED!!!! Can I just say I'm very excited for Chili/Chick Flick night? Baha I love you. Also, MEXICO by JUMP LITTLE CHILDREN is so great. That's Matthew's most favorite band. Rains in Asia is our dance til you drop song. Love you lady....
ReplyDelete