Friday, May 18, 2012

Secrets

So...
I have a secret I want to share. It's been growing for nearly six whole days,
But I'm kind of terrfied nervous to share it.
You see, it's BIG DEAL news.
The kind that can change a life--most especially my own.
Part of me wants to keep it secret, keep it safe, like a delicate role of film inside a camera.
If exposed too soon--too suddenly--the magic and brilliance within will be damaged by the weathering effects of tempurature and human contact.
But if kept safe--stored appropriately until fully developed--everyone eventually gets a chance to see what the hard case of the camera was so cautiously protecting.
For inside lies a masterpiece.
But for a time, it must remain untouched and unscathed from comment, critique and even delight--at least until it can stand on its own.

So...
do forgive me when I say
I have a secret,
and it will remain secret and safe for just a time.
Not long, mind you
But just long enough to develop, to grow--
to become the masterpiece it is already becomming.
You will know the time of exposure when you see it,
for the results will be beautiful and good.

Such is the process with secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails