Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's never too early...

image via google
This morning I decided to spend 45 minutes sitting in front of the Provo temple, reading scriptures and basking in the sunrise that slowly crept over the mountains. After reading for a while I got back in my car, plugged in my ipod and let it resume its random cycle. To my surprise, the first song to pop up was Josh Groban's O Come All Ye Faithful. I was even more surprised when my first reaction was to let it play. "I LOVE this music!" I quietly exclaimed, out loud, in my car. As I listened to that beautiful baritone-of-a-hunk Mr. Groban, my morning doubled in brightness, hope and motivation to be a little better.

I love Christmas music. And it is never too early to start listening to it. Perhaps you will find the lyrics below inspiring like I did:

All Hail! Lord, we greet Thee,
Born this happy morning,
O Jesus! for evermore be Thy name adored.
Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing.

I am reminded of all the Christmas concerts and musical performances I participated in as a child in elementary school, junior high and high school. Today I feel incredibly blessed for those experiences. I don't think I realized back then how close my music helped me feel to the Savior, especially at Christmas time. I hope that someday I will get to play again for Him. 

O Come, let us adore Him, 
O come, let us adore Him, 
O come, let us adore Him, 
Christ the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails