At the beginning of the week, I felt like this:
Wilted, prickly, unattractive, fatigued, weighed down, stressed, confused, clouded, selfish, uncompassionate, fearful. (Is it really only Wednesday?)
After some contemplation, true honest soul searching, random acts of kindness, need fulfillment, and tender mercies, I now feel a little more like this:
Bright, colorful, bold, hopeful, ready to face the world again, like myself, GRATEFUL, beautiful, humbled, optimistic, charitable, certain that uncertainties don't have to be scary, less fearful, loved, appreciated, kind.
"You are young. You are strong. You are a daughter of God. You have no need to feel devastated about your future." --Julie B. Beck, Nov. 2009 Fireside, BYU 15th Stake
This week's top 10 stimuli for hope and joy:
1. "I'll Do Whatever it Takes"
2. Mindy Gledhill's new album
3. Friends
4. Autobiographies on sale in the bookstore
5. Family Search AdLab project
6. Visiting Teachees
7. Henry B. Eyring's "Because He First Loved Us"
8. BOM
9. "Forgiveness" Mormon Messages
10. Exercise


I would definitely say you resemble exhibit B.
ReplyDeleteJust remember our conversation: were young and have loads of opportunities- what the heck are we worried about?
Then, think of Ms. Snyder, with her crisp British accent, offering the uncharacteristically tender comment: "When you are young and pretty, you should not cry. When you old like me, well, then it doesn't really matter."
Editor's note:
The opinion expressed above is that of Ms. Snyder. The author does not endorse crying by old people.
k, love these 10 little point of hope and joy! i'll be coming back and going through them all over the next few days! hang in there! you ARE young and strong!!
ReplyDeleteYay! I love your blog. It is so uplifting and you just make me want to be a better person!!!! I love you Katie!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteUh, I just realized that you probably weren't referring to the tv show friends. Oops. The italics threw me. :) Friends (real friends) are really great too!
ReplyDelete