Thursday, August 19, 2010

10 Points for ME

Just over a year ago, I did THIS. That was back in the day when I was very diligent about exercising. Then, life happened: I made myself extra busy (full-time school, two jobs, invested church calling, etc.), hurt my knee, and discovered a craving for food with white flour. Sadly, my health was suddenly shifted to the back burner. I started breaking all my cardinal rules like eating food from the vending machines (daily), sitting in an office job all day, skipping daily workouts, making frequent trips to the fridge late at night, and (worst of all) used food as a means for coping with my emotional problems rather than dealing with them up front.

Emotional eating= the demise of my healthy lifestyle...oh dear....

I became lethargic and uncomfortable in favorite clothes. I promised myself I'd get back into my healthy routine, but somehow that promise never made it past my front door. Going to the gym suddenly felt like the worst chore EVER. And eating healthy just seemed to cost too much money and take too much time. Suffice it to say, my lifestyle kinda took a turn for the worse.

Fast forward a whole school year....


Today, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill.

1, 2, 3

IN A ROW! No stops!

I haven't done that in about...8 months. Or something like that.

Alls I'm sayin' is, that felt GOOD! and I really feel like I accomplished something today.  Do I stop here? NO WAY. I'm gonna keep goin'.

For  a while I forgot how much I enjoy exercising and being fit. Today, I was blessed with a small glimpse of how healthy I could be again.

Oh boy. Ten points for ME! (Thanks for inspiring me, Aubs).

Happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails