Saturday, July 24, 2010

Question

There's no such thing as coincidence, right?

So then, if I happened to run into someone this afternoon, who I haven't seen in about a month or so (and when we parted it wasn't exactly on the most ideal terms)--and the fact that we ran into each other is totally random, out of the blue and worthy of coincidence--it was for a reason...right?

It all happened right after I finished working out in the RB. If I had chosen to run just one more lap, done one more set of sit-ups, gotten a longer drink at the drinking fountain, spoken with my running friend for one moment longer, or had chosen to not even work out this afternoon, then I would not have walked out of the RB at exactly 4:47 p.m. and I would not have run into this person at 4:48 p.m.

I never know how much or how long I should analyze these types of circumstances. For me it was fortuitous. I hope the person I ran into feels the same.

If we did run into one another for a reason...what is it? How can find out the reason why?

Curious happenings on Pioneer Day. Very curious.

3 comments:

  1. I've spent a lot of time during the last few days pondering about this same basic subject. When my location and timing work in perfect harmony to set off an unexpected chain of reactions, I am plunged into such musings. More on this later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails