1. BUS M 340: Marketing. Cool class, but grateful to be finishing my last business requirement.
2. Marketing internship at Marketecture Inc. I'm so grateful I was able to get an internship. This gets me one step closer to finishing my degree! Wahoo! Originally, I wanted to intern somewhere exotic like NY, Chicago or anywhere other than Utah. Alas, dreams and circumstances change. So this summer I am satisfied with working at Marketecture in Orem, Utah.
3. Working in the AdLab

4. (Hopefully) frequent hikes in attempts to prep for hiking Timp at the end of the summer. I've always wanted to hike Timp, and now I might get to! Some boys in my ward have opted to form a group of people interested in taking on the 9 miles up, 9 miles down challenge.

5. Keeping Tanner's blog updated (weekly). If you haven't seen it, check out his weekly letters here. I enjoy organizing and managing Tanner's blog. I'm not sure why the satisfaction comes. I think deep down I hope that when he gets back, he'll be grateful for the chance to be able to look back at all the posts and remember different points of progression over his two years of service. Perhaps I've put too high of an expectation on the blog, but oh well. Communications (and social media) are kinda my world right now, thanks to my major.

6. The Gym (gahh! kill me now...) I don't know what has happened to my morale, but I really do not like going to the gym...at least not right now. My mental toughness when it comes to working out is suffering, and I'm not sure how to gain it back. Oh boy...

7. Hopefully catching up on some MUCH desired reading & studying. There are many books I have been wanting to read, analyze and read again. I know it's unrealistic to think I can get through all of them in 8 weeks, but I would at least like to start and finish my top 3: first, The Divine Center by Stephen R. Covey; second, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd; and third, my texts books.

8. Spiritual and Temporal Welfare Council

9. Blog stalking (Duh! I have to include this one for the sole purpose of being honest...woops!).

10. Journaling the memorable moments of summer term. I hate writing the logistics of each day in my journal. How boring! I want to record instances that impact my perceptions and feelings.

11. Recalling my youth and falling in love with Anne and Gilbert's story all over again. Sigh... I found the Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea series on Amazon and bought it immediately. I grew up with Anne (with an "e") as my mentor, my sensai, my inspiration. I wanted to be just like her (and secretly still do). A lot of people found her imagination, stubbornness, charisma, hyperbolic descriptions, and eccentric behavior annoying. I, however, consider it endearing and desirable.
_______
I have a few other things in mind, but the above list will do for now. I'm excited for summer term, although my eight o' clock marketing class sure does put a damper on things. I have felt extremely drowsy during the past 48 hours. I remember in Winter semester when I promised myself I would never ever take an eight o' clock class again. Well...so much for that vow.
Summer term is going to be great. True, it will be busy (what else is new with my life? I promise, one of these days I'll jump off my high horse and take a rest...just not today. Gahh...that sounds so terrible), but I feel blessed with the power to get it all done. Things will work out. I mean, they have to...right?
Happy Tuesday!


Kate, it sounds like you're doing good. Personally, I always connected to Anne (with an "e") because my middle name is the same.
ReplyDeleteI love you Katie. And ditto on the Anne thing. I love her. When you come in town (if??) we should definitely watch it.
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing!
Sounds like you'll have a busy, but fun, summer :)
ReplyDeleteIf you ever want a running/gym buddy lemme know :) Since we live so close to the RB.