Monday, June 1, 2009

Week 3

My training for the Bryce Canyon 1/2 marathon is progressing! My long run this past Saturday was a little tougher than expected, but I still finished strong with a total of 6.2 miles. I'm nervous for this Saturday. 7 miles! I hope I can handle it. Anyway, here is the schedule for week 3:

Mon- 2 miles + speed training--CHECK
Tues-4 miles
Wed- 45 min cross train
Thurs- 4 miles + strength
Fri- easy run
Sat- 7 miles
Sun-REST

Also, happy first day of June! If you google June, this picture is second to pop up. Let it remind you of the joyous pleasures of Spring time: birds plucking berries, water flowing freely, mountains blanketed with green brush. Basically, the works.

Can you believe Spring term is nearly over? My feelings continue to fluctuate between relief and apprehension. I'm pleased that in three weeks I will never have to diagram another sentence in the English language (ELANG 325...blah!), but anxious because the torture of busy work and stress will start all over the following week. I think I can officially deem myself psychotic. What kind of person goes to school year-round when they'd prefer the bountiful opportunities of sunshine and summer time? Oh wait...that's me. But no worries! Summer term will be lots of fun. I'm taking another advertising class, along with another editing course. I'm also dedicating more hours to the Ad Lab and my internship will keep me busy as well. And with the 1/2 marathon in July, hiking Timpanogos in August, and hopefully going on a road trip down the West coast right before Fall semester, there's lots to look forward to. Harrah for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails