Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Letters: Looking forward to

image via Google

Dear Spring,

You are just around the corner and I couldn't be more happy and grateful for the budding green landscape, clear(er) skies and chirping birds. Don't forget to bring the warm weather when you move in.

Ever Eager,
AZ girl at heart
__________

Dear Heart,

Some good life direction is around the bend. Keep holding on, don't give up on yourself and trust God's timing is best. They say patience is a virture, faith is a grounding principle and hope keeps you on your toes: believe it, even when it all sounds so trite. You're scared, worried, even confused--but just remember, everything will be ok.

Ever Faithful,
Your head
__________

Dear Momma and Sophia,

I am excited for our girls' weekend in two weeks. You'd better be prepared for some girl talk, yummy restaurants and a few hours at the spa.

Ever feminine,
Kate
__________

Dear Brother,

You get home in like, two months! This news is great. Your family is more than excited to have you back. Thanks for serving the Mexican people for the past couple years. We sure did enjoy the exponential blesssings. Oh, and don't forget to read the blog I so diligently up-kept during your absense.

You can thank me later.

Much Love,
Your favorite Big Sister
___________

Dear Sheri Dew,

You sure know how to give it to me straight. I guess that's what I need right now: a no nonesense sensei. Your insights and knowledge of the gospel are helping me refocus, repent and reorient.

Thanks for the suggestions and reminders--no matter the truth was a little hard to hear at times.

Always grateful,
Ms. Nelson
___________

Dear Body,

I have neglected your health long enough. The doctor's appointment has been set, and new goals to exercise, eat healthy and sleep well are in the works.

Stay tuned for awesomeness.

Yours Truly,
kN
____________

Dear Future Husband,

I can't wait to support you in all our endeavors. I'll give you lots of kisses and hugs when you come home from work; and I'll praise you relentlessly on your good looks and charm. In return you'll give me long footrubs and oblige my need for meaningful talks about life, our children, grad school ambitions and our trip to South America. I'll teach you how to take our daughters on dates and you'll teach me Spanish. I'll be loving and understanding when you struggle at work. You'll be patient and kind when I am hard on myself, you and others. I can't promise the house will be emmaculate, but I promise I'll do my best to make it a haven. I'll often be indecisive and scared of change. You'll be stubborn, ridiculously tennacious and a little on the goofy side when I want you to be focused. Together we'll do our best to serve one another and treat the other with respect--even when you get annoyed with my emotional escapades and I with your logical reasoning. Our personalities are likely to clash, but because we love eachother, the Lord, and want nothing more than to preserve our promises, we'll work it out. And we'll make it great!

We're going to be great teammates you and I.

Much, much, much, much, much LOVE,
Your future wife.




1 comment:

  1. You should frame the letter to your future husband. It's perfect.

    We will definitely get together when you come home (ahem ahem - to AZ :)). My finals are over May 2nd, so it's perfect timing.

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails