Thursday, February 2, 2012

Words

February 2, 2012
For my post today I was hoping I'd find something meaningful I could display like a quote that's recently tugged at my heart strings or a book that's made me think; but nothing seemed to be the right fit. And then as I was perusing through blogs, I discovered this gem of a post by popular indie singer, Mindy Gledhill. Her words articulate exactly how I've felt over the past month or so.

It is ironic I found this post because just last night as I was lying in bed, looking out my window, I  pondered what I could look forward to this year. You'll notice I still haven't posted my New Year's resolutions.That's because, just like Mindy Gledhill described, "at the start of the new year, I pondered what lofty goals I should aim for. But all I kept coming up with was a blank stare." 

That's all I've seen when I look into the future: a blank stare. And whenever I try to impose the goals of others or ambitions I think I should be achieving on myself, my heart rebels and I end up in a state of inner turmoil. 

To be honest, the blank stare jolted me at first. I became worried that any spark of ambition I've ever had was simply gone. I compared myself to all the other girls I know who are aiming for great, big adventures. I then felt afraid of being left behind. But after reading the thoughts of another searching soul, I realize there isn't anything wrong with me. I'm simply in a phase that requires filling my well rather than sharing its contents.

I am grateful for the times when I can rely on the words of others to express my feelings. In the mean time, I will follow in the footsteps of Ms. Gledhill, which is to embrace all the little things that light up my world, having faith they will help me create something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails