1. Lately, I've been craving fish. Like, a lot. This has never happened before.
2. I'm getting stronger:spiritually and emotionally. I can tell. Last night a neighbor girl stopped by because she had heard of my adventures at the Jerusalem Center and wanted to ask some questions. When she realized I lived alone she wondered how I felt about all that. Almost without any sense of filter insights started pouring out of my mouth like a waterfall (mostly for my benefit..she probably just thought I was crazy). I didn't know so much line-upon-line goodness was stirring inside me.Thank you Mr. HG. I needed those nuggets.
3. Eight weeks. Can you believe it? Almost two whole months since I started my new (probationary) job. I'm finally getting into a groove. Not fully, but it's coming.
4. I am in love with Church history. This has never happened before either...
5. I miss my family, yet I feel strength despite the long distance.
6. I still want to be a missionary someday.
7. Chunky babies are one of my favorite things. One of the top dogs at my ofice has a nanny watch her 5-month-old baby during the work day. And I have the lovely privilege of being in the office two doors down from the nursery (no, that was NOT sarcastic). Several times throughout the work day I get to see little Sam, as they call her, crawl back and forth in the hallway. She coos a lot, and makes darling baby grunts. What a happy baby she is. I hope I am blessed with happy babies someday...
8. I hate grocery shopping; and I'm trying really hard to find joy in meal planning. It's a tough chore.
9. If homemaking were judged based on a school curriculum, I'd probably have a C in dish duty. And in finishing projects around the house (i.e. I can't for the life of me get myself to finally and officially unpack everything. And it's not like I have a ton of boxes or bags to unpack. I don't know the reason for procrastination. Sheesh...)
10. You want to know the secret for surviving three months (or more) living on your own? Join your singles ward and commit to getting involved. Then stay involved. No. Matter. What.
2. I'm getting stronger:spiritually and emotionally. I can tell. Last night a neighbor girl stopped by because she had heard of my adventures at the Jerusalem Center and wanted to ask some questions. When she realized I lived alone she wondered how I felt about all that. Almost without any sense of filter insights started pouring out of my mouth like a waterfall (mostly for my benefit..she probably just thought I was crazy). I didn't know so much line-upon-line goodness was stirring inside me.Thank you Mr. HG. I needed those nuggets.
3. Eight weeks. Can you believe it? Almost two whole months since I started my new (probationary) job. I'm finally getting into a groove. Not fully, but it's coming.
4. I am in love with Church history. This has never happened before either...
5. I miss my family, yet I feel strength despite the long distance.
6. I still want to be a missionary someday.
7. Chunky babies are one of my favorite things. One of the top dogs at my ofice has a nanny watch her 5-month-old baby during the work day. And I have the lovely privilege of being in the office two doors down from the nursery (no, that was NOT sarcastic). Several times throughout the work day I get to see little Sam, as they call her, crawl back and forth in the hallway. She coos a lot, and makes darling baby grunts. What a happy baby she is. I hope I am blessed with happy babies someday...
8. I hate grocery shopping; and I'm trying really hard to find joy in meal planning. It's a tough chore.
9. If homemaking were judged based on a school curriculum, I'd probably have a C in dish duty. And in finishing projects around the house (i.e. I can't for the life of me get myself to finally and officially unpack everything. And it's not like I have a ton of boxes or bags to unpack. I don't know the reason for procrastination. Sheesh...)
10. You want to know the secret for surviving three months (or more) living on your own? Join your singles ward and commit to getting involved. Then stay involved. No. Matter. What.
No comments:
Post a Comment