Saturday, January 15, 2011

Field Trips!

On the bus. In the back. Bein' goofy. We LOVE field trips!
Monday was our first BIG field-trip day. We visited sites on the outskirts of Jerusalem to gain a geographical understanding of the city. Once the internet is running faster, I'll post more on this...

Later in the week we had the chance to visit the underground portion of the Jerusalem Center. Can you say concrete? Metal pipes? And wire? The construction of the building is actually quite brilliant. Don't forget to notice how cute Kristen and I look in our green hard hats :-)



After our tour I felt very grateful for all the engineers who figure out how to create beautiful structures...like the one I get to live in for the next 3 months. Buildings are way more complicated than they look. Who knew it wasn't just putting one brick on top of another? And I thought legos were hard to work with....

Below are my initials on the very bottom floor of the JC. Check it: KN, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails