Sunday, October 10, 2010

You become what you think about...

'
I've decided I want to take a more proactive approach to my life. I'm very skilled at letting life happen to me, and then making the best of whatever situation I'm in. But I feel the time is coming for me to take chances and invest in possibilities. AKA. Leap with faith!

No more fear of defeat. No more doubt in capabilities. I want to believe instead that I can make smart choices and trust that whatever consequence come my way will contribute to my personal development. Each day we're given an opportunity to wake up and begin fresh. Even if we're burdened with the anxiety of decisions and outcomes from yesterday, we don't have to remain embedded in our trenches. There is a better way. And it is shaped with the simple decisions we make moment to moment. Those decisions are based off of who we want to be and where we want to go. Catch the vision of your potential (your bright future!) and run as long and as hard as your strength permits. Then, let grace lift you in your weakness to greater heights and happiness.
"Your happiness on earth as well as your eternal salvation require many correct decisions, none of which is difficult to make. Together those decisions forge a character resistant to the eroding influences of sin and transgression [. . .] You cannot be passive in life, or in time the natural man will undermine your efforts to live worthily. You become what you do and what you think about" (Elder Richard G. Scott, The Transforming Power of Faith and Character, October 2010 General Conference). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails