WOW. It's been a long time since I've said that line. I guess my twitterpated-ness for two boys in white shirts and ties slowly diluted once I became the same age/slightly older than the boys coming home.
Nevertheless, I still LOVE missionaries. For your daily dose of wonderful upliftment (why isn't that considered a word?) check out this post. It's a letter from my little brother to our family. He is currently serving in the Salt Lake City South Mission until he gets his Visa approved for Verecruz, Mexico.
Love you Tanman!
Here are some teasers....
"I am really starting to understand Mosiah when he says that it is not expedient for man to run faster than he is able. My whole time in the field I have been trying to run like a missionary who has been out for more than a year, which is like trying to swim a 500 after one week of swimming—you’re gonna get freaking tired, and it’s gonna be one of the worst experiences of your life. All the stress from that was really making things difficult, and I wasn’t really happy with being on a mission. . ." (emphasis added).
"God’s whole purpose for us is to be happy. Everything is meant to make us, his children, happy. And I have just been slowing down and trying to learn and not do. God has blessed me with teaching skills, but I just don’t know how to be the missionary I want to be. My mind is a lot more closed when I’m stressed out and that was really interfering with the spirit. . ." (emphasis added).
"I promise that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can fix any problem with time and enduring. Always strive to have a cheerful attitude. Everyone believes that we have every reason in the world to be unhappy, but really, we have so many more reasons to be happy. We chose to come to this earth because we knew it was the best option that we had in the pre-earth life. We did have a choice, and we knew there were high risks to come here. Nut there was also the highest reward possible. . ." (emphasis added).
No comments:
Post a Comment