Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Question

Is it possible to be afraid of success and failure all at the same time? Is it possible to be afraid of investing completely in something because you're worried that failure will be permanent, or utterly terrified of what success could bring?

It's time to step up, out, and beyond my comfort zone. Eyes closed, hands clenched, breath held. "I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!" is my chant. What happens on the other side...I have no clue. But hope and faith and a twinge of insanity propel me forward.

1 comment:

  1. I notice that when I am afraid of success I am actually still afraid of failing. Because as I climb higher there is a longer fall. I mean, it doesn't make sense to be afraid of succeeding, but we do it anyway - classic.
    I read a talk this morning that addressed this issue and made me think. It's "Never give up" by Paul H. Dunn.
    http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1044
    I feel like I've referred a million talks to you haha. Maybe you are just so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails