
I'm so happy! After 8 weeks of diligent quad-strengthening exercises and rest from the treadmill, I can finally run again! This is EXCELLENT news. It's been three months since my knee started flaring up, and now it finally feels better. I've been so impatient. Fortunately, the elliptical worked as an alternative for cardio, and an occasional visit with the stationary bike sufficed (sometimes).
What's even more exciting is that I get to train for the Mesa Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. Hurray! And I've persuaded my family to join me. Again, excellent news! Training officially begins tomorrow. I'm really hoping my knee will hold up. This will be my fourth year running in this race, and I'm determined to keep up my consistent streak.
This reminds me: Thanksgiving is in just over a month! Do you know what this means? I get to go home, to Mesa, with my family. And I get to eat homemade food. And I get to see my dear cousins and grandparents. And I get to spend time with my brothers and sisters. Who's ecstatic?! I know I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment